Construction Defects and Building Code Questions
Building Code and Construction Questions:
Building Code and Building Construction Question & Answer Board
Providing answers to questions from inspectors, contractors, owners, and the general public
Codeman for AskCodeMan.com
NOTE: As I am semi-retired requarding Building Code Consulting - please go to AskCodeMan.com - you will get a notification that registrations are closed - however, send an email from AskCodeman.com about your question and I can open registration for you.
Experience and background:
- Provide answers to questions from inspectors, contractors, owners, and the general public on AskCodeMan.com – a building code and building construction question & answer board
- Provided code compliance inspections and plan review for municipalities, counties, school districts, and for contractors in Florida, both with AHJ (Authorities Having Jurisdiction, i.e., building departments) and with Private Provider engineering firms.
- Over 55 years construction experience, new construction, existing buildings, renovations, building code inspections. (Residential, High-Rise, Commercial, Schools)
- Over 30 years - Florida licensed Building Contractor (1989 to 2022)
- Over 20 years - Florida licensed General Contractor (2002 to 2022)
- Over 30 years - Certified Building Code inspector, plans examiner, Residential and Commercial (1989 to 2021)
- Over 30 years - Consultant/Private Building Inspector (1989 to 2021)
- Over 30 years - construction consultant/expert witness in residential construction defects
- Over 10 years - performing AHJ building code inspections for city/county/schools (2006-2018)